Friday, February 24, 2012

Word of Mouth Shirts, the brand.



The day has come. Today is a big day for me. A lot of what I have been doing has been leading up to launching WORD as its own brand. Though this is not the sole purpose of the blog, it has always been a goal of mine to release t-shirts, as well as maintain the identity that WORD has taken on. So today I am introducing two designs that will set the direction in which the brand will take.


Over a year ago I thought of the name Word of Mouth Shirts as a brand name for tees that I would release with sayings on them, mostly, if not all, sports related. Then I started blogging about independent t-shirt brands and the name worked very well for that too. So I kept it. Now back to the original plan of the sports inspired tees. Enough of all that, here are the first two tees under the WORD brand, enjoy!


This first tee is obviously inspired by the San Antonio Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich. Kinda weird that I live in Dallas and I am a Spurs fan huh? Well I grew up in San Marcos, just north of San Antonio, and when you live there its Spurs and Cowboys all day. I wanted to show love to the Spurs in a way I hadn't seen before and at the same time add some humor. I have a huge amount of respect for the way coach Pop runs the team and I could not wait to show my appreciation with this design. I really love the way this tee came out and I hope you like it too.


This tee is all about YU! The Texas Rangers just signed the biggest Japanese star pitcher and I wanted to show my love as soon as possible. Spring training is just under way and I can already taste the hot dogs. This tee is meant strictly to show support for Yu Darvish and I really hope people can find the humor in this design. I absolutely love this tee!

So there they are, thanks to everyone who has supported me up to this point and continued to check out my tees. I hope you liked the tees enough to buy one, wear one or even just show a friend, your support means a lot to me. Big thanks to Javier from YAOTL and Jan from Alexa Machine for helping me execute the designs exactly the way I wanted them, if not better.

Here is a link to the main page of the store: wordofmouthshirts.storenvy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment