Saturday, August 6, 2011

Yums Afterparty in 3D!

So, last night was a little crazy. I hit up the Yums Afterparty in 3D at Wish Ultralounge, here in Dallas. It followed their Yums First Friday party at their corporate "Shredquarters". Our homie, DJ Fishr Pryce, was spinnin' the afterparty and even teamed up with Keith Reber for a Drummer/DJ Set.
 
My EPIC fail moment of the night happened when I pulled out my phone to take pictures of the atmosphere; only to realize my phone's battery was dead! What the heck?! I'm still upset with myself for that.

I went with my friend, Erick, and we got to Wish a little early, so it was pretty empty. When the Yums crew arrived, they ARRIVED full force and quickly filled the place. They were there to party! And that we did!

Yums was handing out a 3D shirt complete with a set of 3D glasses and I was able to get my hands on one. I think the concept is pretty cool, but I don't know how many people actually carry a pair of 3D glasses with them, so the shirt will probably just look like a blurry tee. Still pretty cool though.

The DJ/Drummer set was pretty dope. It's always great hearing live drums. I did feel sorry for the drummer, because they took away his monitor speaker. How is anyone supposed to stay on beat?! There were a couple of mishaps, but all in all, a great performance.

My highlight of the night was Fishr droppin' DJ DMD's "25 Lighters". You know its a good night at the club when your able to bust out the "Southside"!

If you ever get a chance to hit up one of these parties, please do. You won't be disappointed.

Follow Yums on Twitter @Yums

No comments:

Post a Comment