Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Kixpo 2012



Kixpo 2012 has come and gone. This year I participated in the event for the first time. The venue was the world class, high profile Cowboys Stadium in Arlington Texas. I showed up  to the stadium at 2:45pm, you know, when it's 105 degrees outside. The doors opened at 5 so I still had plenty of time to set up. Big thanks to J from Lies and Filth and his cousin of helping me get my things from my truck to the opposite end of the stadium.

Tour Guide Matt!

Even before I finished setting up, I already sold three tees. Big thanks to the Cowboys Stadium tour guides for, not only buying a tee or two from me, but sending all their co-workers and friends to my booth to buy a tee. Also thanks to @tourguidematt for getting my tees noticed by Grubes from The Ticket, that was dope!

Biggs at his booth
Not only did the selling go better than expected, I had good time kicking it with old friends and new friends. J and I continue to help each other, not just with setting up and breaking down, but with all aspects of our brands. Its always good to have someone to help out. I continued a conversation, from the Locals event, with the homie Biggs from Stem & Thorn. That dude is doing BIG things and I love hearing what he is working on. 

I also got a chance to meet Vernon, who runs one of my favorite brands GRP FLY. Vernon is absolutely KILLIN the game and is a huge inspiration to me and my brand.

Being my first major event, I didn't entirely know what to expect. I really gotta thank my wife for helping me with my set up. We built T-stands and had a rolling rack in FRONT of our table with various sizes and styles. The set up turned out great as customers were able to touch and compare sizes easily with out having to ask for help. My wife is a genius, seriously. Thanks babe.

In the end, the event was a huge success for my brand. I can't wait till next year. Big thanks to Stephen and the entire Kixpo staff, you guys did a great job. Thanks to all that bought a tee or just came by my booth to say whats up!

Lets go

Stadium tour guides showing support!

Big thanks!

Sleepy Dizzle

Found this guy wearing a Studious tee, so dope!

Posted in the end zone 

Not the best, but you get the idea

This guy bought 5 WORD tees! Thanks for the support!

The $5 tees went FAST!

This guy is a WORD reader and showed love! Thanks homie!

Biggs taking a pic of a Stem & Thorn customer

Sneak peek at Stem & Thorn



The new friends from Philly! More on them soon





Came for the kicks, copped a tank!

Oops


My set up

Get you a tee

Sam get her a tank too! thanks for the support

This kid had my Patsy laughing






Thanks to all that showed love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment