Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Check In Post

A quick post to just to check in and let you know I am still alive. I've been crazy busy lately, but I love it. I am currently working my normal 40 hours a week, plus the side project I am doing is due July 4th. So yeah. I am also helping design a
coffee shop with my sister in law, who currently owns and runs a successful business in Ft Worth. More on that soon. Oh and did you know my wife is 37 weeks pregnant? Needless to say my plate is a bit full at the moment. Like I said earlier though, I love it.

I haven't been as active as I'd like to be on Twitter or Facebook to network. I did, however, make it out to the Sleepy Dan party. That was awesome. If you haven't read my recap on that-stop reading this post and go read it! Big thanks to Dan for the mention on his blog.

I will be going to Kixpo this weekend, very excited about that. I am not too sure what to expect. The booths will be on the field though. I was a little nervous that the stadium was going to make the expo set up on the party pass decks or something rediculous like that. That would of sucked. I haven't been to a Kixpo in about 3 years or so. The last one I went to was in Deep Ellum at bar way too small. Surely this year will blow that out of the water.

So I will be taking way too many pics at Kixpo for the blog. I also just bought a camcorder so I may try and upload some video if I catch anything cool. Be on the look out for that. I have talked to a few brands about features on here, so I should be following up on that soon. I've recently fell in love with another brand; maybe even more than Ugmonk... I still have strong feelings for Ugmonk though. I'll let you know about "the other brand" very soon.

In other t-shirt news: Heather from The Good Child and Kyle from Sugar Steak both sent me a tee shirt of my choice last week. I am still watching the mail for the Sugar Steak tee, but my Good Child tee came in fast enough to wear it to the Sleepy Dan party Saturday night. Here is a pic of the tee, you might remember it from such posts as "Some of my favorite tees" and "Have you heard of The Good Child":



So needless to say I am very excited about everything that is going on right now. I am still working on the tee for the blog. I was talking to an old friend from home, who was helping me with photoshop and illustrator, but the long distance communication doesn't seem to be working. If anyone reading this can help me out, let me know, I'd really appreciate it.

I hope to meet some new designers face to face at Kixpo. If I do I will tell you all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment